Welcome to the latest episode of the Charm City Bird Watch podcast! On today’s show, WBAL Sports Anchor and Reporter Keith Mills joins Jake McDonnell to discuss the latest news surrounding the Baltimore Ravens and the Baltimore Orioles.
On Thursday, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh gave his season-ending press conference. Keith and Jake touched on several points from the presser, including the decision to keep Marty Mornhinweg, adding more playmakers on offense, and drafting a quarterback.
Next up is a lengthy discussion about where the Orioles are just a few weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting for camp. Whether it’s questioning who will fill the last three spots in the rotation, who will step in for Zach Britton, or the impending Manny Machado saga, there’s plenty to talk about even in the cold of January.
Subscribe to the Charm City Bird Watch Podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud. Check out Keith on WBAL, both on TV and on the radio. Thanks for listening!
Welcome to the latest episode of the Charm City Bird Watch Podcast! On today’s show, Charm City Bird Watch reporter Vasilios Nikolaou joins owner Jake McDonnell for a half-hour of sports talk.
- The Ravens’ 27-10 win over the Browns: praise for Sam Koch, questionable coaching decisions, turnovers
- Looking ahead at the Ravens’ remaining schedule, and comparing it to the other AFC Wild Card competition
- Saying goodbye to Marvin Lewis after 15 years – his last game as head coach of the Bengals will be in Baltimore
- Reaction to the crazy Jesse James no-touchdown call from the Patriots and Steelers game, and criticizing the silly rules of the NFL
- Breaking down the Manny Machado rumors: Should the Orioles try to work out a contract with Manny, or better the team’s farm system with a trade? With expiring contracts after the 2018 season, what will Duquette and Showalter’s level of motivation be?
Subscribe to the Charm City Bird Watch Podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud: Leave a 5-star review on iTunes, and we will read it on a future episode! Thanks for listening!
Welcome to the latest episode of the Charm City Bird Watch Podcast! On today’s episode, WBAL Radio Host and Anchor, Brett Hollander, joins Jake McDonnell.
On Sunday, the Baltimore Ravens opened up their 2017 season with a 20-0 rout over the Cincinnati Bengals. What did the Ravens do that impressed Brett? How will the Danny Woodhead injury impact Baltimore’s offense? What are the keys to beating the Cleveland Browns on Sunday? Football is back in Baltimore, hear Brett and Jake break all of this down.
The Ravens are not the only professional sports team in Baltimore that has hopes of making the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Orioles have lost six straight and must win a big chunk of their remaining games to even have a fighting chance at snagging a Wild Card spot. Where did the 2017 season go wrong? Why is Buck Showalter not giving players like Austin Hays and Chance Sisco some playing time? The O’s season is wrapping up, hear Brett’s assessment of where the team is heading.
As always, subscribe to the Charm City Bird Watch Podcast on either iTunes or Soundcloud. Leave us a 5-star review: Jake may read it on a future episode! Thanks for listening!